I don't fancy myself a moviemaker. Any 5 minute jaunt through my YouTube or Vimeo channels would confirm that.
I also can't help but notice all of the cool video that's being produced these days by the GoPro Army of fishermen. Now I realize that getting a GoPro won't instantly turn one into the the next...well whomever...but you can't even try to make an omelette without eggs. Well I guess you could use those weird "eggs" that come in milk cartons, but you know what I mean.
I've tinkered with some POV photography with my point and shoot camera which shoots somewhat serviceable video. Even made this ridiculous hat cam mount...once upon a time...which does work, but is heavy on your head.
Anyway, I'm just talking aloud here, in the hopes that someone sets me straight in the comments below. As I see it, these are the pros and cons of both:
- I enjoy playing with electronics...(also shopping for a handheld GPS)
- Headed out to Colorado for Tenkara Summit - great video opportunity
- Other Outdoor Activities - Would compliment fishing kayak & bike nicely
- Ability to get some good screen grabs for still photos
- Who really enjoys editing video?
- Do I really have to wear this thing strapped to my chest or my head?
- Family Vacations - I would be that annoying guy
- "Add Ons" will cost as much as the camera
- It becomes a $400 paperweight
I will say I'm not planning getting any flying drone on which to mount said GoPro...at least this month anyway...