While SUPs are not technically fishing kayaks, LIVE does make a fishing SUP, called the L2Fish.
What makes these boards pretty unique is the catamaran style hulls. With such a wide base, this becomes a seriously stable platform that should be ideal for fly fishing. The MSRP of $1999 may put the L2Fish out of some people's budget, but we can all dream, right?
I do see this being a very fun boat to take out on ponds, creeks, and saltwater flats. And as you can see from this pic lifted from the LIVE Facebook page, you can accessorize these for fishing to no end.
|Lifted from LIVE Watersports' Facebook|
Specs from the LIVE Website:
- Dimensions: 12'6" x 34" x 9"
- Volume: 300+ Liters
- Proudly made in the USA
- Large straight-cut tunnel port for smooth pass-through ensuring unrivaled stability and speed
- Wide spread catamaran hulls provide tremendous stability, minimal drag, and better glide ratio
- Wide outboard hull flotation for maximum roll resistance and pearling prevention
- Hollow design provides the highest possible performance with the lightest carrying weight in its class
- Molded construction to ensure manufacturing precision
- Superior materials and patented LIVE technology employed under deck pad for incomparable sturdiness
- Oversized deck space for transporting cargo, the kids, your closest friends, or even a trolling motor
- Custom double-layer traction pads for comfort
- Multiple tie down locations for carrying coolers and other cargo
I currently hold no association with LIVE Watersports, this post simply highlights product(s) of interest for those seeking a kayak (or SUP) for fly fishing.
The Quest For The Ultimate Fly Fishing Kayak Series
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6