So instead, I'm in a climate-controlled environment - my house (specifically my basement, heat rises right?) - thinking of some fishing related activities to fill my day. I will share them with you, because that's what I do.
10. Watch a movie. I'm sure I can get 'A River Runs Through It' on Netflix. Screw it, I've got 'Gladiator' on DVD.
9. Tie some flies - heck if it's what folks do in the extreme cold, why not the extreme heat. Oh yeah, heat stroke induced dizziness makes staring at tiny beads & feathers impossible.
8. Stay hydrated. Yeah, got that one covered.
7. Catch up on some overdue reading.
6. Eh, forget the print mags, how about goofing around on the computer ("RT"ing, "Like"ing, and "+1"ing) and reading some blogs I like and the plentiful e-magazines...but then again, I pretty much do that every day anyway.
5. Buy stuff I don't need from Deals on the Fly, Cabela's, Amazon, EMS, L.L. Bean, or whomever...oops, again, see end of #6.
|Would look solid with a T! affixed to the side|
4. Pre-write some blog posts for next week. Perhaps some tenkara + photoshop magic is in the cards...
3. Clean my gear, waders, fly lines, etc... No way, screw that.
2. Charge batteries in advance for camera & camcorder. As typically I either wait until the night before (and end up forgetting to put said charged battery back in my camera for the next morning), or don't charge them at all, which leads to streamside profantiy.
1. Nap. Dreaming of fishing of course.
Let the napping commence...