|Yeah, that's our weatherguy...|
With that in mind, probably won't be doing any fishing this weekend myself, and if I do would probably be at dawn or dusk for smallmouth bass or panfish. Being of hairy & sweaty Italian heritage, unlike my fellow countrymen of the Jersey Shore, I don't deal with the heat all that good.
|Perhaps if I tried waxing I'd enjoy the heat more|
So if you still insist on going fishing this weekend, here's a few tips to keep cool.
1. Drink lots of fluids. Water is probably best. Just not beer. Well, if you drink MGD64 like me, perhaps you could drink beer, because it doesn't seem to contain any alcohol anyway.
2. Wear light colored clothing. Dark colors tend attract the sun's rays. If you are a fisherwoman, would probably be best not to wear anything. Waders might be okay if you must. Don't worry, that isn't be me hiding in the bushes with the camera. Thanks in advance.
3. Protect yourself from the sun. Sunscreen is a must. Something thick & rich like SPF80. Ball caps are good, but leave your neck and ears exposed to sunburn, and of course skin cancer. Consider a larger brimmed hat. A sombrero would probably be best, just watch your backcast.
|That's one cool fly fishing lanyard|
4. Take frequent breaks. Find a shade tree streamside and take a short nap. Don't overdo it. Overexertion can cause heat stroke, and that's not cool. It can actually kill you, then who would read my crappy blog?
5. Go fishing inside. Like tenkara, yet another great Japanese invention. Your local Cabela's or Bass Pro probably won't mind. Heck, looks like these guys did it, I think they might have forgot their fishing rods though?
So there you go. Some tips to keep cool this weekend if you must go fishing.
As for me, my wife has filled our freezer full of ice pops...so I'm all good.